My fire fox opens up on website named " hi.ru" can anyone help get rid of it?
I do not how it happened but recently chrome and firefox have been opening up with a website named "hi.ru " I searched on google and found a youtube video that said to go on the property of both and delete the extension"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VCnslDykc" , it worked on chrome but not firefox my antivirus and malwarebytes are not helping! what to do?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
How are you opening Firefox?
Type about:preferences#general<enter> in the address bar.
There are two settings;
- When Firefox Starts
When the browser is started, what do you want to display. Many of us choose Show My Home Page.
- Home Page
When a new page is opened, what do you want displayed.
- Use Current Page. Use what ever page(s) are open at that time.
- Use Bookmark
- Restore To Default. about:home shows a Mozilla home page with tools.
You can use any of these that you wish;
about:home (Firefox default home page), about:newtab (shows the sites most visited), about:blank (a blank page),
or you can enter any web page or about: page you want.
Didn't work for me as it continues to show Hi.ru on starting Firefox