If a website is in another language, how can i view it in English?
Recently my friend send me a link to a website that is all written in chinese or japanese symbols (I really don't know the difference of course). I just want to know if there is an option to translate this and other web pages in English.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
You can look at extensions like this:
- Translate This!: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/translate-this/
- ImTranslator: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/imtranslator/
Some, but not many, web pages have a way to change the language. If the page has it, it could be anywhere.
For sites aimed at international readers there are often little flags at the top of the page to offer translated pages. If it is aimed purely at domestic users you fill find the translation process cumbersome and often giving not much more than a general idea.