My restore session is blank and cant get my previous tabs back.
My laptop crashed and upon the restart when i opened firefox the restore session page was blank and would not let me do anything so i left it open and opened other tabs but how do i get the tabs from my previous session.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Winamp Application Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
hello aidansouth, you can try the following: go to the firefox menu ≡ > help ? > troubleshooting information, click on profile folder/show folder. a windows explorer window should open up with your profile folder in place - in there navigate to the sessionstore-backups folder and create a backup of the file named previous.js in a save location. then close firefox and copy the previous.js directly into the root profile folder renaming it to sessionstore,js (& replacing the file with the same name that is already there). afterwards launch the browser again...
for more information about this process you also might want to read https://dutherenverseauborddelatable.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/firefox-the-browser-that-has-your-backup/ beforehand.
You can find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
previous.js (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.js from previous session that was loaded successfully) recovery.js (latest version of the sessionstore written during runtime) recovery.bak (previous version of the sessionstore written during runtime) upgrade.js-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.js to replace the current file (make a backup copy of the current sessionstore.js).