HOW DO YOU FIX PROBLEM WHEN FIREFOX ICON SAYS "SERVER NOT FOUND" BUT OTHER ICONS OPEN TO CORRECT PAGE.
The Mozilla Firefox desktop icon will not open and says "server not found." Other icons will open. How do I fix this issue and to fix, how do I get Firefox to open?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Type about:preferences#advanced<Enter> in the address bar.
Under Advanced, Select Network. Look for Configure How Firefox Connects and press the Settings button. If you are using a proxy, make sure those settings are correct. If there is no proxy, first use No Proxy. If there is a problem, then try System Proxy.
Some problems occurs when your Internet security program was set to trust the previous version of Firefox, but no longer recognizes your updated version as trusted. Now how to fix the problem: To allow Firefox to connect to the Internet again;
- Make sure your Internet security software is up-to-date (i.e. you are running the latest version).
- Remove Firefox from your program's list of trusted or recognized programs. For detailed instructions, see