Using 41.0.2 on Mac. Duplicates of All Bookmarks folder, with duplicate Bookmarks Menu inside, are appearing in Unsorted Bookmarks.
Using 41.0.2 on a Mac Yosemite. In last few days, duplicates of my All Bookmarks folder, with a duplicate Bookmarks Menu inside, are appearing in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder. If I attempt to delete a bookmark or folder from the duplicates, the original is deleted as well. Pretty significant glitch in the program. What is causing this and can it be fixed?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.009.20069
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Are you using Sync to sync the bookmarks?
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file (bookmarks, history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
If the Places Maintenance extension can't repair the places.sqlite database file then remove all places.sqlite file(s) in the Firefox profile folder to make Firefox rebuild the places.sqlite database file from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
You may have to restore an older JSON backup if the latest backup is already corrupted.
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync (temporarily) while performing maintenance/repair efforts to the places.sqlite database.