Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

when trying to download an add on it gets stuck in "verifying"

rosinen

Hi

Xubuntu 15.04 64 bits, Firefox 41.0.1, the problem has been dragging on for like 8 months.

So far I tried 3 approaches:

1) Tools > addons > select the addon I want, click on install. The icon AND the line in which the icon sits disappear.

2) I go to "https://addons.mozilla.org", select the addon, click on "add to firefox", I get stuck in "verifying". For ages!

3) Manually downloading the app I want and trying to install the app opening the xpi file with firefox returns: "Firefox prevented the site from asking you to install software" << but the page I tried to download the addon from (the OFFICIAL one) is already whitelisted.

And, where do I get help through a chat? Channels under freenode or mozilla are not serviced :(

thanks!

Hi Xubuntu 15.04 64 bits, Firefox 41.0.1, the problem has been dragging on for like 8 months. So far I tried 3 approaches: 1) Tools > addons > select the addon I want, click on install. The icon AND the line in which the icon sits disappear. 2) I go to "https://addons.mozilla.org", select the addon, click on "add to firefox", I get stuck in "verifying". For ages! 3) Manually downloading the app I want and trying to install the app opening the xpi file with firefox returns: "Firefox prevented the site from asking you to install software" << but the page I tried to download the addon from (the OFFICIAL one) is already whitelisted. And, where do I get help through a chat? Channels under freenode or mozilla are not serviced :( thanks!

All Replies (7)

Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.

See "Creating a profile":

If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.


Try to disable IPv6 (check for other possible causes as well).

Hey same problem here, but i use windows 7. what can be done???

What extension is this about?

Is that an extension that is hosted on the official Mozilla Add-ons website?

yes, again its the yahoo toolbar.

Try installing that extension directly from Yahoo. https://toolbar.yahoo.com/?.intl=us

the-edmeister said

Try installing that extension directly from Yahoo. https://toolbar.yahoo.com/?.intl=us

yeah i tried but it says firefox prevented site from asking to install software and gave me no option to overide