Save download history to text file
I would like to learn how to save my download history to a text file, using 64-bit Linux (Linux Mint).
Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Maybe there is an add-on to do it, but I didn't found one.
I know this way (tested on Windows, assuming it is the same for Linux):
- Install DB Browser
- Start DB Browser and open places.sqlite file (in Firefox profile folder)
- Select moz_annos table
- Click on File > Export > Table(s) as CSV file…
- Click on OK, enter a file name ans select location
A CSV file is a text file, you can open it with any text editor, or better, with LibreOffice Calc. Each download corresponds to 3 lines: 1) download location 2) file name 3) time and size.
You can also do such queries with the SQLite Manager extension in Firefox.
I use this:
SELECT content AS Filename, datetime(dateAdded/1000000,'unixepoch','localtime') AS dateAdded, url AS Location, moz_anno_attributes.name AS Annotation FROM moz_places, moz_annos, moz_anno_attributes WHERE (moz_places.id = moz_annos.place_id) AND (moz_annos.anno_attribute_id = moz_anno_attributes.id) AND ((moz_anno_attributes.name LIKE 'downloads/destinationFileURI') OR (moz_anno_attributes.name LIKE 'downloads/destinationFileName')) ORDER BY dateAdded DESC