This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Edit tab nonfunctional
All fields on the Edit Tab are greyed out except the last two.
All I want to do is to copy a .jpg into a comment that I post to a webpage article.
1. If I open the JPEG in windows and select copy it's put on the clipboard but Firefox can't see it to paste. 2. If I use Firefox file open and copy it still cannot see it to paste. 3. If I put Firefox into Safe Mode it still won't work.
I'm running Firefox 39.0 and Windows 8.1.
I've run out of ideas. Can you help?
All Replies (2)
Currently searching for a resolution for this case Will be back shortly
What is the website where you have this problem?
When you say you used Firefox File Open, you opened the image in a tab and tried right-click > Copy Image?
Meanwhile, here are some general suggestions.
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
Alternately, you also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
"3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- (menu bar) Tools > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- click the padlock or globe icon in the address bar > More Information > "View Cookies"
In the dialog that opens, you can remove the site's cookies individually.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
Could you test in Firefox's Safe Mode? That's a standard diagnostic tool to deactivate extensions and some advanced features of Firefox. More info: Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode.
If Firefox is not running: Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox.
If Firefox is running: You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
and OK the restart.
Both scenarios: A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).