This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Web pages are black or partially black - new in Firefox 39
Many pages sporadically come up completely or partially black (except for some images) in FF 39 for the Mac, including the Firefox home page itself. To reproduce: Go to the Firefox home page and then resize the page small (attached graphic). Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB "Use hardware acceleration where possible" unchecked, as checking it causes additional problems with transient gray boxes over content appearing in random places.
All Replies (2)
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You will need to restart Firefox for this to take effect so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the menu button and select Options on Windows or Preferences on Mac or Linux.
- Select the Advanced panel and then the General tab.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the problem is resolved, you should check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in these Knowledge base articles:
You could be seeing this bug:
- bug 1180688 - On OSX 10.10 yosemite VM everything renders as black or white except popups/panels
Please do not comment in bug reports