This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox crashes after connecting to VPN
after updating to 38.05 every time i connect to next vpn firefox closes and says it was unable to send a crash report
my problem is solved it was caused by adware i found my solution elsewhere but thanks for the supportRead this answer in context 👍 2
All Replies (11)
update: downgrading to 38.01 didn't fix the problem either and it wont even run in safe mod
thank you for all your help. as much as i hate to do this I'm moving to chrome
until someone gives me a solution
Does Firefox work when not on a VPN ?
If you connect without using a VPN does Firefox then submit pending crash reports if you click on them ?
If the problem is solely related to VPN use it may be better trying to get assistance elsewhere.
firefox says it was unable to create dump file for crash report and i just found out that some VPN protocols like VPN+ work while others like SSL, iNet and tunnel+ make firefox crash
Are you able to get Crash IDs ?
im not sure but i think the crash id related to these crashes is
Thanks, although that one did not actually have any useful information.
- Report for your Crash ID bp-390338c0-a822-4777-92a5-1942b2150627
- Crash signature Firefox 37.0.2 Crash Report [@ EMPTY: no crashing thread identified; OK ]
- Comment: also although recently submitted possibly older crash date as Fx 38 apparently in use now; not Fx37.
I am not going to be able to solve VPN issues. Someone else may join in, but you probably stand a better chance asking elsewhere. Maybe
- Mozillazine: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
- StackExchange: https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/
There is also a mailing list (EWG) but although that is for ESR users you may get advice there
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
my problem is solved it was caused by adware i found my solution elsewhere but thanks for the support
Good to hear you redilved this. Thanks for posting back with the solution Feel free to state what the adware was and link to the place elsewhere that has the solution.(As long as it is a free site and publicly accessible)