removed dregol via controls, programs & regedit; dregol still 1 click search
running Win7; firefox 38.0.1. have used 2 programs to remove dregol:Control Panel & Advanced Uninstaller Pro. Used regedit to remove all references to dregol. It does not appear in Chrome. Removed it as default search. However, it's still there as a 1 click search engine and occasionally used as the search engine.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- thinkorswim loader
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Hi, You could try this link: http://keonesoftware.com/guides/dregol/
Auto fix is an ad for Skyhunter. Manual fix doesn't work. THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT! Note: reply sent by robot!
Have you uninstalled Dregol from the control panel already? If Dregol, is still taking over Firefox, please follow the instructions on the latter half of the article mentioned. Sometimes traces of malware and bits and pieces are left. Here are a few recommended malware solutions to completely removed Dregol from your computer.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Ran full deep scan and not threats found. Microsoft Security Essentials had already been installed.
Instructions to remove search engines is out of date. I highlighted the bad search and found REMOVE at bottom of page. It seems to work. Many thanx.