Firefox constantly crashing freezing hanging after recent update.
I am using two different computers and I have the same problem on both. After using Firefox for about 20 minutes my website will suddenly freeze up and become white with a loading circle then I will get notication that firefox stopped responding and had to close. This will happen on any website I visit so I believe it is a problem with the most recent version of firefox causing the websites to crash. I have looked on your forums for help and none of the suggestions there (update firefox, update plugins java, flash, shockwave ect), update video drivers ect seemed to help.
Please tell me what information you need and what steps I need to do to resolve this. It is very flustering when I have to close everything out and start over because Firefox keeps crashing all the time.
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
OS: Windows 7 Browser
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.14
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.