mcafee site advisor has stopped working
Mcafee Site Advisor has stopped working on Firefox. It works on Internet Explorer. I prefer Firefox and want to keep using it! It is marked as enabled in the Add Ons in the top right Menu. I have tried reloading Firefox. I have tried disabling Site Advisor and re-enabling it. I have contacted McAfee who say it is not a software fault of theirs. I have a new Lesovo PC with Windows 8.1. Site advisor ran for a few days then this problem occurred. thankyou
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Try to get the full installer for the current program and use it.
Please check to make sure that the version is up to date:
"extension older than 188.8.131.52 have a major memory leak problem"