how to make mozilla firefox load intranet websites
not able to open any intranet website through Firefox, noting that its opening from any other browser on the same pc !
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Are you getting an error message? If so, details please.
Was Firefox able to open the same URLs in earlier versions?
no results, just a blank page and it is not opening since beginning...so strange noting that all other browser are opening and working nromally
It's hard for me to guess the issue...
- Does your IT support Firefox for intranet sites?
- If you open the web console in the lower part of the page (Ctrl+Shift+k) and then reload the blank page, do you see any error messages?
Are that secure website (i.e. use the https protocol)?
Did/does this happen in the current Firefox 36.0.1 release as well?
@jscher , this is the error after i did what u ask for, http://intranet/en-us/pages/index.aspx [HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable 11ms]
@cor-el firefox version is 37.0
The server error (503) can have many causes. From the browser side, failure to authenticate is one possibility. Although Firefox supports traditional Windows integrated authentication (NTLM) there could be issues with changes on Microsoft's side that are not yet handled by Firefox.
Does your IT support using Firefox for this site?