Bookmark differences between firefox on mac and windows. Help needed.
So I start using windows again as well as a mac. I exported my bookmarks from my mac to the pc and all is fine but I have 2 questions..
1: On mac when I select bookmark then bookmark this page, I get a window that allows me to select my folder.. How does one do this on Windows instead of just simply bookmarking and having to do it later.
2: Is there a way to export tags with the bookmarks?
In Firefox, if you click on bookmark (star) twice. you can select where to put it.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Unity Web Player version 4.5.2f1. (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- The iLok Client Helper Plug-in v3.6 allows you to use iLok.com to manage your iLok hardware keys. For more information, visit the iLok.com Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
In Firefox, if you click on bookmark (star) twice. you can select where to put it.
2 If you "show all bookmarks" there is a drop-down menu to export your bookmarks (and import) When exporting from mac / firefox the tags were (probably) not saved. You can read this: A question from 2009
Modified by Gnospen
Thank you! Hit star twice thats what I was looking for!