The new update of flash player still won't get recognized properly in Linux Firefox due to the commas in the version string
Hi, figured I'd let you know that the problem described here:
persists with the new update to the flash player.
Once again, it is necessary to change its version string in pluginreg.dat from "11,2,202,440" to "184.108.40.2060". Otherwise, the firefox will keep claiming that the version is out of date...
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
The 32-bit gzip Flash player 18.104.22.1680 from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html works fine for me.