Firefox keeps blocking yahoo toolbar from downloading
first, the toolbar disapeared. I followed all directions available through Yahoo and Firefox to no avail. then the extention disapeared and when I tried to re instal the yahoo toolbar, firefox keeps blocking the site from downloading. I have been using firefox for over 15 years and have never had problems like this.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.1247
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Hi SusanYork, It sounds rather frustrating that when downloading the toolbar and it disappearing when trying to reinstall.
If this is happening in more than one place:
However if you refresh the profile in the browser, keep in mind that you may need to restore your data including add ons and changed features with these instructions Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
Does this help?
Type about:customizing<Enter> in the address bar. In the new window, look for the icon. When you find it, hold down the left button on it, and move it to where you want it to be. You can move any of the icons you want from here, but some icons are locked in place.
Look at the bottom right, and click on Show / Hide Toolbars.