Firefox - Latest Beta - Welsh Locale. Keyboard shortcut cmd+c is assigned to two actions - "Copy" and "Save Page As...".
In the latest version of Firefox (beta) using the Welsh language locale, the "Save Page As..." keyboard shortcut has been redefined to cmd+c. Obviously this clashes with the keyboard shortcut for "Copy". As such, whenever I highlight text and click cmd+c, rather than copy it, the Save Page As... prompt comes up.
Please could the keyboard shortcut for "Save Page As..." be changed ASAP?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.09
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Unity Web Player version 4.3.5f1. (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
- bug 1106754 - Ctrl/Cmd + C shortcut saves the page instead of copying (cy locale)
Please do not comment in bug reports
This was fixed for a while. However in Firefox 37 now it is even worse than before.
E.g., cmd+c is assigned to Save page as... cmd+a is assigned to Print cmd+p is assigned to select all cmd+f is assigned to Open file... cmd+o is assigned to Bookmark this page cmd+n is assigned to both New window and Bookmarks etc
Since I use keyboard shortcuts all the time, Firefox has become unusable for me in my language and I have to set Firefox in another language.
Please can this be sorted out.
Modified by ciarans
You could install the en-US version and download and modify the Welch language pack to repair the shortcuts and set the locale manually in general.useragent.locale Language packs come as an XPI file that is a ZIP archive and can be opened in an archive manager.
You can file a bug report in:
- Product: Mozilla Localizations
- Component: cy / Welsh