Why is Mozilla doing buisness with Cisco Systems Inc., a known U.S. miltary contractor who helps the U.S. government sps on everyone???
Mozilla claims that they are dedicated to protecting our online privacy, rights and freedoms, yet they are apparently doing business with Cisco Systems Inc. Cisco is a U.S. military contractor for the U.S. Department of Defense (D.O.D.). They work with the N.S.A. and help them in their efforts to illegally and unlawfully spy on everyone. So why are they installing their OpenH264 "Video Codec" on our PCs as an add-on without providing us a way to remove it? I've already "disabled" it and "turned off" the automatic updates, but that's not good enough. This is SPYWARE and potentially MALWARE. I want this garbage off my computer COMPLETELY. How do I remove it? Disabling spyware doesn't actually disable it. Complete removal is the only solution.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Hi JOHN_DUH, Thank you for your question. It is possible to disable the codec and remove it with these instructions:
- From the Firefox Menu click on "Add ons"
- Click on "Plugins" on the left column
- Next to the Codec click on "Never Activate"
This will disable the codec as well as the plugin. If you would like to double check the about:config entry: In order to change your Firefox Configuration please do the following steps :
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- Search for 264
- Toggle media.peerconnection.video.h264_enable from true to false.
As I stated in my original inquiry, disabling spyware doesn't actually disable it. complete removal is the only solution. All your bot response told me was how to disable it. I want to know how to completely remove it from my property. I would appreciate a proper response to this and not just another bot response. I would also appreciate a response to my initial question. Why is Mozilla doing business with Cisco Systems Inc., a known military contractor for the D.O.D.? If Mozilla is so dedicated to protecting the rights and privacy of their users, then why are they working with a corporation that is collaborating with the N.S.A and C.I.A. to spy on everyone?