This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
WHEN I TRY TO LOG INTO MY CREDIT UNION ACCOUNT, IT ALWAYS ASKS FOR A VERIFICATION CODE AND WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY PC AS MY COMPUTER. CREDIT UNION SAYS IT'S IN B
HOW DO I GET BROWSER NOT TO MAKE ME GET A VERIFICATION CODE TO LOG INTO CREDIT UNION? WHEN I ENTER VERIFICATION CODE, AND CLICK ON YES THIS IS MY PERSONAL COMPUTER, IT STILL DOES NOT SAVE THIS ACTION AND THE NEXT TIME I TRY TO LOG IN, I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER VERIFICATION CODE. THE CREDIT UNION SAYS IT IS A MOZILLA BROWSER PROBLEM.
All Replies (1)
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
- check the permissions on the about:permissions page and in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Such details are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.