This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Lost bookmark tool bar. Links show up in history and in bookmark folder but not on tool bar
I wanted to uninstall/reinstall ff from my macbook pro. It had started acting flaky. So I "exported my bookmarks to html". Well I then looked at the html file and it was there so I though all I would have to do is import html.
So I uninstalled FF using a tool to completely uninstall FF from Mac. I didn't want vestiges of files to be left over.
Then installed FF.
Then I went and did "Import HTML".
But I don't see them on my bookmark bar.
I can see them in my History and they are in a folder called Bookmarks Toolbar.
How do I get it back where it was so I can see it all on my browser window and not have to go to the History->Bookmarks Toolbar
All Replies (1)
Make sure that toolbars like the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars
- View > Toolbars
Tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
- Right-click empty toolbar area
Open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize palette into the Customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the "Restore Defaults" button to restore the default toolbar setup