How to get google to open automatically when I click new tab?
I downloaded a new program and it changed my settings on firefox so when I open a new tab it automatically opens bing search engine and I can't figure out how to change it to google.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
- Go to about:config page.
- Search for browser.newtab.url change its value to:
- about:newtab – default.
- about:blank – blank page.
- URL – an url of one page that you want.
I have done exactly that but it will not change the value, it continues to be http://www.trovi.com/?gd=&ctid=CT3323924&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&ISID=MAC6FB432-9286-4D39-81EA-DF488481E74A&SearchSource=69&CUI=&SSPV=&Lay=1&UM=5&UP=SP257B6593-1074-46A8-AC9C-3B0C35543A4B
please can you help? There is another preference under it saying browser.newtabpage.blocked is that anything to do with blocking me changing it?
See this - How to remove Trovi Search (Virus Removal Guide) http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trovi-search-removal/