Logging in to Pocket on your Computer
To log into Pocket, just enter your email address and password. You can also sign in to Pocket using your Firefox or Google account. Click here to Log into Pocket.
Viewing Pocket on your Computer
When you’re on your computer, you can always view your Pocket by visiting our website. Be sure to bookmark or favorite this page in your browser so that you can easily return to Pocket again and again.
Finding your way around
When you log on to Pocket for Web, you’ll see Saves by default. This is where you’ll find everything you’ve been saving to Pocket.
At the top, you can navigate to the following pages:
- Saves - where you'll find your saved items.
- Home - find articles curated for you.
- Discover - articles trending in Pocket and beyond.
- Collections - curated guides to the best of the web, created by our editorial team.
Navigating your homepage
Your Pocket homepage highlights your recent saves and provides recommended articles for you.
- Recent saves - view and access articles you've recently saved.
- For you - review, save, or thumbs up or thumbs down recommended articles.
What’s in the Toolbar
When you visit Pocket in your browser, your list of Saves are displayed. The toolbar at the top allows you to search, customize the layout, view items that have been shared with you, and more.
- Search - Type in keywords to look for items in your Saves and Archive. Click here to learn more about searching in Pocket.
- Save a URL - Type or paste a link to save it to your account without leaving the site.
- Bulk Edit - Bulk Edit helps you perform actions on groups of items at once. These actions include Archive, Favorite, Tag, and Delete. Click here to learn more about using Bulk Edit.
- Account Menu - You can use this menu to manage your Pocket account, access help articles, log out, and check for shared items from friends in the Messages section. The account menu also offers options to change Pocket's theme and display settings for your saved items.
Just below the toolbar is the sort order button. Click this to sort your items by oldest or newest saved.
Adjusting background color, sort order, and item display options
Click on your profile photo in the toolbar to view the Account Menu.
The account menu has the following display customization options:
- Background color - choose between light, dark or sepia.
- Item display options - Choose between compact list view (which displays the most items at once) detail list view (which displays tags and article text) and grid view (larger images).
Change your display setting to list view (compact) to show several more saved items at once.
Use the detailed view to see tags on your saved items at a glance.
Use the grid view to see your saved items as cards with larger images.
In the sidebar, you can click to switch between the main pages plus each filter menu. The page you're viewing will be highlighted in teal. Here's what you'll find in the filters section:
- Archive - The Archive is a great place to keep items that you may want to revisit in the future.Click here to learn more about the Archive.
- Favorites - You can mark any important item as a Favorite. The favorites list includes items from both your List and Archive.
- Highlights - All of the highlights you create will be listed here. Tap on a highlight to open the article it comes from. Click here to learn more about highlighting in Pocket.
- Articles and Videos - Saved links will appear in Article View. Saved videos may open in article view or will open a new tab so you can view the video at the original webpage.
- All Tags - Tags make a great way to organize items in Pocket. Selecting a tag from the tags menu will filter what you see to only show items you’ve labeled with that tag. Click here to learn more about using tags.
Pocket's web app supports keyboard shortcuts to navigate, change settings and take actions on items you've saved. Click here to learn more about keyboard shortcuts in Pocket for Web.
I'm seeing an error message that read "something went wrong while retrieving your items". How can I see my saved items?
This error suggests that there is an issue displaying your saved items. While our developers work to fix this, try switching your list sort order or open Pocket on a mobile device.