Thanks for contributing to the support. mozilla. org (SUMO) website! It's through your efforts that we are able to provide help to so many users.
Table of Contents
What's new at SUMO
Contributor Help Wanted
- L10n Contributor - Help to translate Firefox Help content to your language.
- Forum Contributor - Answer Support Forum questions that need attention. See Answering questions on the Support Forum.
- KB Editor - Help to update Knowledge Base articles that need changes. See Improve the Knowledge Base under Help us improve existing articles.
- Social Support Helper - Help users on Twitter and Facebook who are asking questions in your language. See the different Social Support roles.
Helpful links for contributors
- Mozilla Support rules and guidelines, for using the support and discussion forums at Mozilla Support.
- As usual at Mozilla, we use Bugzilla to track bugs and enhancement requests.
- Besides our production servers at support.mozilla.org, we have a staging server available for testing:
support.allizom.org - AKA "stage" - Updates constantly from our 'master' branch, so it is running the latest code. Please attempt to reproduce bugs here before reporting. If they've been fixed already, they'll be fixed here. If you want to make a change and are unsure how it works, you can test it on this server first.
If you want to watch changes to articles, go to the KB dashboard, click the link on the top that says Subscribe… and select the appropriate checkboxes.
Community meetings: We have bi-weekly community meetings where the latest SUMO community developments are discussed, on Wednesday at 9 am PT. You can participate in meetings, view the meeting video or read the notes. For more information, please see the Support/Weekly Meetings Mozilla Wiki.
We also use the private message link on each user profile to message individuals using SUMO.
Contributor and group directories
Attracting (and keeping) new collaborators has always been via a personal contact and coaching.
We have several ways you can get into personal contact with SUMO leaders and contributors for coaching. In addition to our Meet the Team page, we have a New Contributors forum where you can introduce yourself. We encourage you to register on Mozillians.org and add the SUMO tag to your profile.
The following table includes links to the groups in the SUMO project where you will find the group leaders and contributors.
|Support Forum||Moderators||Forum Helpers|
|Localization||Index of all locale information (forum post)|
|Quality Assurance||QA Contributors|
|Knowledge Base||KB Editors||KB Reviewers|