I have installed Firefox 29 - latest. Gmail does not accept it.
When I log into my gmail account, it keeps saying that my browser is outdated and I should shift to a modern browser like Chrome. I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox (29). Why is my Gmail not accepting it ?? I use Windows XP. I have no other issues, though MS has stopped support for that OS. Kindly help me out as I found out that it works for others who have XP.
Do the following to correct this:Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 188.8.131.5230
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 FBSMTWB
Do the following to correct this:
Gmail thinks that you are using Firefox 3.6.28. Your User Agent is messed up something called Fast Browser Search. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 FBSMTWB
Reset your User Agent string as explained here.
Thank you so much. I went and reset my useragent and the problem got solved..