Need help recovering firefox history on deletion by cc cleaner Win8
Accidentally (2 days ago) deleted my firefox browsing history by running CC Cleaner on windows 8.1. The index.dat reader I use tells me that Win 8 doesn't use such files anymore. The "places.sql" file in my profile folder has all my history in it. But it still doesn't show up in the history tab or the search bar (the dropdown display of matches, when I type a few characters) i.e the browser acts like there ain't no history. The history tab shows just 2 days' history !! yelp!!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
There is nothing to recovere your removed history !!! Ones lost .. never regain
The "places.sql" file seems to have all the history intact. It's just that it doesn't show in the firefox history tab ever since forgetting to uncheck delete history in my cc cleaner run.
Have you tried a new profile and replacing the places.sqlite file in the folder of the new Profile folder?
More info on how to do this http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite#Moving
Modified by guigs