This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can't Sync my android
I can't sync my Android smartphone with my desktop, because in Firefox on my Android smartphone I use another email address than when creating a sync account on my desktop. How can I change my email address in Firefox on my smartphone (Android v4.0.3 ICS)? Thank you & kund regards, Ivo
All Replies (3)
That is: kind regards :-)
Are you using F'irefox 28 (which has the "old" sync) or Firefox 29 (which has the "new" sync) '.
Old sync (FF28 and below):
you can't change your email address but it's not used for much To change your email address with old sync;:
0. Using your old email address, sync all your devices i.e. all your phones and tablets and desktops and laptops) so your everything is up to date
1. unlink all your devices (WARNING: make sure you have synced successfully in step 0!!!!!)
2. then create a new sync account with the new email address and sync to the new
new sync in FF29 and higher
your email address is your userid. you can't change it however you can create a New Firefox Account with the new email address
0. Using your old email address, sync all your devices i.e. all your phones and tablets and desktops and laptops) so everything is up to date
1. Delete your Firefox Account using the old email address (WARNING: before you do this make sure you have synced all of your devices and computers successfully in step 0)
2. Then create a new Firefox sync account with the new email address and sync
And FF v30.0 .......... ?