Disable Quick Find Slash
Is there any way to disable this shortcut? None of the keyboard shortcut modification apps (like keyconfig and the like) include it, so extensions do not seem to be an option.
Also, please don't link to 5-year-old bugfixes which have already been implemented. I am not reporting a bug, I am trying to disable a feature. I understand that some people may like having the slash key activate Quick Find for ease of access purposes, but for me, it is cumbersome.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Did you see the extension listed in this thread: Can't disable quick find, none of the regular fixes are working? I haven't tried it myself.
- searchhotkeys: http://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/index-en.html#searchkeys
Ah, searchhotkeys worked. Thanks!