Facebook Messenger for Firefox isn't working.
As stated in the title. I have v26 but this problem persisted since the first time I tried enabling the social option some versions ago.
I can enable the social feature successfully, and obviously I'm logged in Facebook. But clicking on the buttons shows nothing and the loading bar goes on forever.
I've tried to enable\disable the service several times. Is this a known issue or is this feature working for you?
Modified by AlphaUMi
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Try start Firefox in Safe Mode:
Try also check your plugins: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
Try clear your recent history:
I already tried Safe Mode and cache cleaning.
Just checked and my plugins are up to date.
@Diego Victor: is it working for you?
Well... I just tried again with the newest Firefox build (v26) and the Facebook icon tells me I'm not logged in, although I obviously am. If i click on "not logged in", the Facebook page opens and shows my profile, because, I repeat, I am logged in....
So my guess is that Facebook does NOT like the social integration in the browser, and forces you to open the web page instead...
The alternative is that the Facebook component in Firefox is broken and needs to be fixed, unless someone tells me it's working for him\her...
Works for me in FF, though I rarely use it.
There are a few messengers that will access Facebook. The one I use is Trillian