"This website does not supply identity information" while playing videos.
Hello, i have sign of insecure connection while playing youtube videos, whether on facebook, or youtube (for other sites i don't know yet). When i put the pointer at it it says "this website does not supply identity information". Why is this happening?
when you are on https://youtube.com and start playing a video, it will probably fetched through a non-secure http://-connection (because of the strain on the servers resources otherwise). even if one element of the page (the video in this particular case) isn't loaded through a secure connection this will be reflected in the site's security indicator & that's why you are getting the message.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Unity Web Player version 4.2.0f4. (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Is this about the shield icon that Firefox shows on the location bar when mixed content is present and a secure https connection is used?
My question was clear enough. It's about security sign in mozilla search bar. I don't understand the texts on these sites you provided me with.
hello, this will be shown for every site which doesn't load through a secure/encrypted connection (=websites starting with https://).
Omg... Read my first post please... Is facebook site that loads through unencrypted connection? is youtube site that loads through unencrypted connection? I know the meaning of the sign FFS. All i want to know is why it appears when i start playing videos that are posted on facebook.
when you are on https://youtube.com and start playing a video, it will probably fetched through a non-secure http://-connection (because of the strain on the servers resources otherwise). even if one element of the page (the video in this particular case) isn't loaded through a secure connection this will be reflected in the site's security indicator & that's why you are getting the message.
I see, thanks
I too keep getting the ! for pretty much every youtube video and facebook website. It also warns me that I'm using flash?!! I have checked my clock, reinstalled Firefox, flash, booted in safe mode and nothing works. What the !"£$ is going on?!!