How to prevent closing of pinned tabs via middle-click?
I have a few pinned tabs on Firefox and I use the middle click to easily close opened tabs that aren't pinned. Sometimes, my mouse acts up and accidentally points at one of my pinned tabs, as such, clicking the middle mouse button closes it. How do I prevent my pinned tabs from being closed via that way? If I want to close a pinned tab, I can always right click it then close.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Note that you can restore tabs or windows closed by accident via History > Recently Closed Tabs/Windows (Command+Shift+T)
You would need an extension to protect tabs from getting closed by accident via a middle-click.
- Tab Mix Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/
I know about Cmd + Shift + T but would rather not have the pinned tabs close accidentally in the first place. I will look into that add-on as soon as I can!
Edit: Okay so I installed TabMix but can't seem to find the option to turn off middle click closing on pinned tabs? Under what setting do I change it?
Modified by ShedoSurashu