This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My previous version had the ability to save temporary bookmarks?
I am using Firefox Version 26 on a Mac. My previous version of Firefox had the ability to save temporary bookmarks by clicking on an icon in the right side of the address field. I believe the icon was a "v" on its side. On the right side of the toolbar there was a place to see a drop-down list of the saved temporary bookmarks. I found this to be a useful tool when doing research.
All Replies (3)
You can click the star in the location bar to bookmark the page in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder, the star turns yellow (blue on Mac) to show that.
The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder shows in the sidebar and the Library, but not in the Bookmarks menu drop down list.
- Toggle the Bookmarks sidebar on/off via "View > Sidebar > Bookmarks" or Ctrl+B (Command+B on Mac)
Do you still have the Bookmarks Toolbar with its bookmarks visible?
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible.
- View > Toolbars
- Right-click empty toolbar area
Use Toolbar Layout (Customize) to open the Customize window and set which toolbar items are visible.
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar setup
Thank you for your answer, however, this is not what I was looking for. It may do a similar thing, however, I would like access to the temp bookmarks I originally had. Is there anyway I can recover them?
If you lost bookmarks then see:
You can also check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
Modified by cor-el