What is Ads Removal 1.0.0 ? Is it malware or a virus?
When I opened firefox today, this add-on just appeared. I don't know if I can trust this or not. Is it malware? If so, how will I be able to remove it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
As per this article What is ‘Ads Removal’ Firefox add-on and Chrome extension? it is an ad blocking add-on for Firefox. It is created by IObit and comes bundled with IObit Malware Fighter. Have you installed IObit Malware Fighter? As per the article, it is not a malware nor a virus, to uninstall however you need to:
- uninstall and remove IObit Malware Fighter from your computer
- remove Ads Removal add-on from Firefox