When i set firefox not to connect throught a proxy but it still does.
When i connected to my company network from home (via a VPN tunnel) so i don't want to explore the internet through the tunnel (much slower). When i configure firefox (option-network setting) not to access internet via proxy but it not work. I check this via whatismyipaddress and it still shows me the ip of my company.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
hello, a vpn connection and a proxy are separate technologies. when you have set up a vpn connection, this is generally affecting all the traffic from your system, so a single application like firefox cannot opt out of it.