This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
cleaned cache then get firefox now responding tried following directions still got message tried to uninstall but still got same message Help
I cleaned cache like I have done before. Then when I tried to use firefox, I got the firefox is running but not responding. tried following directions to do the profile fix, but when I tried to click on the firefox tab, I got the running but not responding message. Soooooo could not even try to uninstall because of getting the same error message. Get error message if I tried the safe mode start. Tried restarting, shut down and start. still same message.
All Replies (1)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!