How do I change the colour of the navigation button icons?
I was wondering if there are any add-ons or mods for Firefox 25 that would allow me to change the colour of the icons on the navigation buttons.
I'm thinking along the lines of the older style where the back and forward buttons would light up green, reload in blue, stop in red, and home with a white/yellow mix, when they are clickable.
I find with Firefox 25, I get light gray when grayed out, and dark gray when active, which I find is a bit difficult to tell at a glance. I prefer the colour-coded buttons, and was hoping there was an add-on that would allow me to change that in Firefox 25.
You will have to search the Mozilla Add-ons site to see if you can find a theme with colors that suites you.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
I've added an image I found from an older version of Firefox to give as an example of what I mean, with a comparison of Firefox 25.
Coloured one on the left, Firefox 25 on the right.
Modified by Cural42
Sorry, not getting the second image showing up, even though I uploaded both.
Firefox 25 toolbar image below:
You will have to search the Mozilla Add-ons site to see if you can find a theme with colors that suites you.
Thanks for the tip. I checked the add-ons site, and after a bit of searching, came across Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.3.3, which gave me exactly what I was looking for!