How to update to Nightly
How do I update from ver 24.0 to Nightly (seems to be the name for the new Windows 8.1) browser without having to uninstall ver 24.0 and then installing Nightly?
Additional System Details
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.2068
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
You'll need to install Nightly, you can't "update" from one channel to another.
Nightly is not a new name or such but rather is one of the names of the four main development channels. Release, Beta, Aurora and the most unstable which is Nightly (currently has 27.0a1)
Since checkins happen pretty much everyday on Nightly and Aurora there are updates each of those days with sometimes the occasional respin.