why does version 24 no longer remember usernames and passwords, even when it's selected to remember? I installed it on 2 of my computers, XP pro and XP home op
On both of the computers, it does not remember the password or usernames, on XP pro the selection box's are shaded and un-selectable, and on XP home they are selected but it does not remember them either!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
First update your firefox to the last version 24.0 here Mozilla.org
hello ralfrotten, firefox won't save your passwords when you've set it up to run in permanent private browsing mode ("never remember history" in the options > privacy panel).
Do you mean names and passwords in the Password Manager or do you mean that you are no longer logged on to (remembered by) websites after closing and restarting Firefox?
There is a difference between remembering the name and password in the Password Manager and a "remember me" check box on a web page to log you in automatically.
The latter usually involves the creation of a special "remember me" cookie that is stored on your computer and that is send to the server.
If that "remember me" cookie is removed or gets corrupted or is not send to the server then the server won't remember you anymore and you need to sign in once again.