Have to type a password twice to sign in to a website
Some websites require to type in username and password to log in. When I do so, the page reloads, but doesn't sign me in; the username is filled in, the password box is empty. No error messages are shown. However, when I type the password second time, I log in fine.
I am using Mac OS 10.6.8 and don't have this problem in any other browser.
Additional System Details
- Version 188.8.131.5262
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Nexus Plugin, providing authentication and signing features
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Can you mention the websites you tried to to login.
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked (check the permissions on the about:permissions page).
Clear the cache and only cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.