Is there a way to enable addons automatically after a certain amount of time
I have an addon called adblock plus, when it's enabled, firefox takes 7 secs to start on my pc. When it's disabled, firefox only takes 3 secs to start. I still want to use this addon without sacrifising startup speed in my pc. So I was wondering if there's a method that would allow me to enable the addon after firefox has started. For example, after firefox starts in 3 secs, it would enable itself in the background after 5 secs.
No that is not possible. All extensions need to be loaded on startup. If you want to use an extension then you have to accept that some add extra time when Firefox starts.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- This plugin provides integration with Cinnamon for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The Videos 3.6.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
No that is not possible. All extensions need to be loaded on startup. If you want to use an extension then you have to accept that some add extra time when Firefox starts.