Howto use a Mac to download firefox.exe to flash drive to install on Win XP SP3 box?
Want to install Firefox on a new Acer Aspire 1 (ZG8) with Win XP 2002 SP3 without setting up MS Explorer. I want to do that by downloading Firefox to a USB stick, then transfer it to the Acer and install there. But my only other computer is a Mac Book Pro (OS X 6.8), and Mozilla only offers me a version for Mac. How do I use the Mac to download a windows .exe file to a portable flash drive? If I use a Linux distro and VirtualBox with my Mac, would that allow me to choose the apprpriate download for MS Win XP 2002 SP3?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.04
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Version 220.127.116.1131
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.2
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Under the "Firefox Free Download" button there should be "Systems and Languages", which gives you download links to Firefox in all languages for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Here's the link to it https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
Thanks, Nerevakiin! Don't know how I missed that link. Have just downloaded the .exe file. :-) Thanks again.