Can't listen to a radio station online
I am trying to listen to a radio station online and it won't allow me to. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. It did work with Firefox on Windows 7 and it does work with Internet Explorer on Windows 8, but it does not work with Firefox on Windows 8. Please advise on what steps I need to take in order for it to work. Thank you!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Is there a public URL -- a page where someone could look at which player the page wants to use without having to have a login?
I restarted Firefox in safe mode, and I am assuming I am using the default theme, as I didn't even know I could change the theme, and I'm still unable to play the radio station. :(
Reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with a left click.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Let us know if this solves the issues you are having.
That worked! :) Do you know what I need to do in order to not have to do that every time?