Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I have downloaded something and I cant get rid of it

ANDROMEDAKRAKEN

I downloaded paint.com cos I had to delete it ages ago but I dont have any photo editing software. However, unbeknown to me, it also added Delta browser which is bloody annoying and I don't want it. I have removed the software, and also the delta browser and toolbar but when I open a new tab it is Delta now instead of Google as it was before. I have done two system restores back to a month ago but Delta remains. I don't want it, I don't like it and I am totally ready to throw the thing out the window there is no trace of it in my Add/Remove programs anymore. ARGH!!! Someone help? I want my old Firefox browser back.

I downloaded paint.com cos I had to delete it ages ago but I dont have any photo editing software. However, unbeknown to me, it also added Delta browser which is bloody annoying and I don't want it. I have removed the software, and also the delta browser and toolbar but when I open a new tab it is Delta now instead of Google as it was before. I have done two system restores back to a month ago but Delta remains. I don't want it, I don't like it and I am totally ready to throw the thing out the window there is no trace of it in my Add/Remove programs anymore. ARGH!!! Someone help? I want my old Firefox browser back.

All Replies (4)

Hi,

delete a possible user.js file in the firefox profile folder, and use the searchreset tool, follow the links below.

I went for the search reset tool but what do I do with it? How do I get rid of the delta with it?

And also, how do I "delete a possible js. file in the profile folder? I don't even know where to find said folder. Do forgive my ignorance and thank you very much for replying.

Did you see the 2 links i provided in my last post? That should give you all the info you need.