I can not print coupons from an email link from Petsmart. How can I fix that?
I receive emails from Petsmart and some of them have email links in them. I have been unable to print the coupons from the link since I switched to Firefox. I have been able to print coupons from other email links but not Petsmart.
Does anyone know how to fix that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Catalina Savings Printer
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
I've had this before in my case the pop up filter was set to high. Click on firefox scroll down to preferences then click on content and you'll see block pop up windows and exceptions click it and add what ever you want and it will stop hope this helps
Thanks notyadaddy. I did do that but no coupons show up. A new window opens when I click on print but no content is there. Maybe I should contact Petsmart a well.
Hi whitedk1, can you try right-clicking the page in the new window and checking two things:
(1) Do you have the option to View Page Info? If so, what is the URL of the page?
(2) If you see an item called This Frame, can you expand that and View Frame Info? If so, what is the URL of that framed page?
Hmmm, I will try thatjscher200. I'll get back to you.
Haha, it won't let me test it out. The message is that I have exceeded my number of prints. I can see why they limit coupons. I'll have to try again next time.
I did email Petsmart also. Maybe it is Firefox b/c it worked when I used Internet Explorer.
I had this problem as well with Pet Smart. Sadly, I went to IE and was able to print. It happened again this morning when trying to print a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. I checked the advice above and could not find preferences or content!! Help!!
I found content disabled pop ups and still not able to print. I did go back and checked block pop ups since that was not the cause.
Hi kare1421, can you give the URL for the recipe page that has the problem? (I'm assuming you don't need a special code to access a recipe...) and mention which button on the page has the problem.
I had to go back and find it, here it is:
Not sure what button was the problem, here are the steps I took Hit print, took me new a new tab, hit print again, got a notice printer now responding, when I x'd out I got a notice to close the program or wait. When I closed the program got a notice that Firefox will search for a solution and then my documents library popped up with a file, (recipe?) xps or something like that and FF closed down.
Hi kare1421, the XPS file could be a feature of the Microsoft XPS Document Writer if you selected that as your printer.
That page doesn't seem particularly complex, so it's hard to know what caused the printer not to be responding or why Firefox crashed in the process.
Did you retry printing with a different printer? For example, you could try a PDF printer driver such as one of the following:
- PrimoPDF - http://www.primopdf.com/
- PDFCreator - http://www.pdfforge.org/
- PDF24 Creator - http://en.pdf24.org/creator.html (I haven't tried this one)
There's also a Firefox Add-on to capture the viewable page to PDF, but with specially formatted coupons (print preview intentionally looks different than the page), this might not generate the expected view:
- Print pages to Pdf (good fidelity to on-screen appearance)
My selection for my printer is Epson, always has been. I used to be able to print before it has just been recent that I haven't been able to.. Your other suggestions are really complex to perform a simple task. Remember I was able to print when I went to IE. The problem is Firefox, sad to say!
Try the printer reset described here:
Just because it works in IE now and used to in Firefox doesn't automatically make it a problem with Firefox. I looked at that Better Homes & Garden page and didn't have a problem with printing it with my Brother printer. I suspect a problem with your printer preferences in Firefox.
As far as Petsmart and printing from one of their email linked coupons, that different. Could be an issue with the 'page' or their "coupon" software, an incompatibility with 'other browsers' - too many websites figure that if it works in IE that's someone else's problem. They ignore the fact that IE doesn't have 90%+ share of the browser market as they once had, and they don't test in the 'big 4' browsers being used now a days. IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari