How to get ride of the security warning by firefox for my website
I have a working SSL certificate for my site, it's works fine on every browser even on firefox20.But for new version it shows an security warning..untrusted Connection. When i viewed the details it shows "This website does not supply ownership information." and connection not encrypted. I'm new in this field please help me..
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Is anything loaded or do you only get an SSL error page?
Can you post a link to your website?
Note that Firefox stores intermediate certificates automatically, so you may not get an error if the server doesn't send the intermediate certificate because it was already stored.
Check out why the site is untrusted (click "Technical Details to expand that section) and if this is caused by a missing intermediate certificate then see if you can install this intermediate certificate from another source.
You can retrieve the certificate and check details like who issued certificates and expiration dates of certificates.
- Click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
- Click the "View..." button and inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer of the certificate.
You can see more Details like intermediate certificates that are used in the Details pane.
If "I Understand the Risks" is missing then this page may be opened in an (i)frame and in that case try the right-click context menu and use "This Frame: Open Frame in New Tab".
Note that some firewalls monitor secure (https) connections and send their own certificate instead of the website's certificate.
It is also possible that there is mixed content on that page.
You can see that in the Web Console (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer;Ctrl+Shift+K) in the Net tab (you need to reload the page).