Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

When I want to install the File Converter for DownloadHelper my McAfee security says that the site contains viruses and malware and I should not go to this site

Johncarlyle

The warning comes up to prevent the "save to file" of the insallation file. Should I ignore this? I've just had a big problem with a ransomware scam blocking the system, so I'm really sensitive.

The warning comes up to prevent the "save to file" of the insallation file. Should I ignore this? I've just had a big problem with a ransomware scam blocking the system, so I'm really sensitive.

All Replies (2)

No, I wouldn't download it. 99% of the "File convertors" on the web are viruses.

Chosen Solution

Note that there is usually no need to use such a converter because a lot of media players can play both flv and mp4 files.

If you do not have one then you can look at VLC.


There shouldn't be a problem with the converter used by the Video DownloadHelper extension