Urgent! Updates for Firefox had viruses in them please help!
My updates are automatically set to update on their own with Firefox. As soon as they were done my anti-virus notified me that I had one Trojan virus and 2 others. Please help!
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25
All the programs i linked below are free scanners.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Scan with all programs.
OK I have spent most of the day running malware detection. Still haven't run AVG as it was talking too long and I accidently stopped Malwarebytes doing a deep scan after it had been running for 16 hours and found nothing. I did run the quick scan. I am still struggling to get Defender to run. However, certain things were put in the vault but one thing that keeps coming up is the MXiDJ page when I hit "NEW TAB". What is the method of setting the blank page in Firefox when you ask for a new TAB (+). Computer running Vista. At least the search engine list doesn't have MXiDJ shown now.
So you want the new tab page blank?
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
- Type browser.newtab.url, double click the first result.
- A new window should now show, type about:blank in the box and hit ok.
Is the newtab what you want. If its still messed up delete a possible user.js file in your profile folder.
I found out myself. Now can't remember if I could remove it via Tools, Add-ons, EXTENSIONS or PLUGins but it has gone and it seems I am back to where I was 2 days ago thank goodness.