How do I configure AdBlock to allow buttons on Flickr?
AdBlock has just started blocking buttons for Facebook, Twitter, etc. Unfortunately it also blocks the buttons that allow me to function INSIDE Flickr. Know how I can change this?
in case it's an error with one of your filterlist subscriptions you can report it as a false positive: https://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started#false-positivesRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Look on your toolbar for an icon that looks like a stop sign. There is an arrow next to it. Right click the arrow. One of the choices is; Disable on name of current web site. Hope this helps.
Adblock or Adblock Plus?
If the latter, which Adblock Plus subscriptions do you have?
Fanboy's Social Blocking List is intended for blocking social media. If you have that subscription, disable it and see if your issue is solved.
Thanks much, but I don't have any stop signs anywhere. The only toolbar I have loaded on Firefox is Google. Is there no where else to access this feature? Also, I block a lot of crapola on Flickr, so wouldn't want to interfere with that function.
Thank you, BAB
I have Adblock Plus, but Fanboy is not enabled. I guess I'll just have to manually disable Adblock when working with photos on Flickr.
in case it's an error with one of your filterlist subscriptions you can report it as a false positive: https://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started#false-positives
Did you check which rules are active and block content on those Flickr pages?
You can access the Ad-block by; Firefox Options > Add-ons. Select Ad-block, then Filter Preference.
There was, indeed, an error in the filtering and following the schemata in AdBlock Plus problem screen solved it. Thank you very much, Phillip! And thank everyone else for their contributions.