Firefox 21 Location Bar Suggestions Always On
I set Options -> Location Bar to "Nothing" . It works for the duration of my session. When I close FF and open it again, Location Bar suggestions are back to: History and Bookmarks.
Make it stick. This has been happening ever since I upgraded to v21.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Picasa plugin
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
There is a support article that might be relevant to this: How to fix preferences that won't save. Is anything there helpful?
That helped jscher2000. Within the article, it mentions editing the users.js file manually so this is what I did.
The line in question was:
Of course changed it from true to false and saved it.
Seems to be ok now.
Thanks for the tip.
The user.js file is read every time Firefox is started, so settings stored in user.js will override settings that have been made in the previous session (e.g. via about:config or otherwise in the user interface) and were saved in prefs.js.
You can only change them on the about:config page or via the user interface for the current session and not permanently, so be cautious with using the user.js file to set prefs as you may forget about this.
In such cases you need to make the change in user.js or remove such a user_pref() line to make them work across sessions.