Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of FireFox; I have tried EVERYTHING and this keeps comming up
Running Win 7/ 64 bit, and the latest FF...
Even after uninstallin, reinstalling, rebooting, ETC ETC, after a few weeks the message comes back..."Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of firefox". I HAVE all upgrade TURNED OFF!!!, yet it keeps happening. I will give this 3 days and then I am going back to IE (anyone ever think maybe I have things running and cannot reboot on a whim?)
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Hello AKM711, certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in this location, by default:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.